Afghanistan refugees arriving at Fort Bliss are some of the lucky ones. Now they have a second chance at a better life. If you would like to help them here is some information on what you can do.
Some donation items include:
- Clothing – NEW undergarments for men, women and children
- Long sleeve shirts, long sleeve pants and skirts for women
- Long sleeve pants and shirts for men. Birkas and Hijabs
- Children and infant clothing
- Footwear – closed toed shoes, sandals, boots ALL SIZES
- Toys – Balls and board games
Items also need to be culturally appropriate for incoming refugees which is why the community is being asked to use the Amazon wish list as a reference. To view the list click here.
Items can be donated at:
- Junior Enlisted Family Center: 2004 Sheridan Rd. Fort Bliss, TX 79916
- Armed Services YMCA: 7060 Comington Street 79930
Source – KFOX